Friday, February 02, 2007

RIP Grandad

On Wednesday, my Step-Grandfather passed away. He was 87. I wasn't going to post anything, because I wasn't really that close to him. He and my Nana live in London, England. They did visit often, and we visited them. I spent a lot of time with Nana, but Bill was usually off golfing or at the Pub :) However, he had some great war stories! During WWII he was in the British Navy and served on the HMS Belfast. Technically, he shouldn't have lived through the war! But, at any rate, I'm sad he's gone. My Nana will be rockin' her 91st birthday on March 11th! My mother flew there today to assist with arrangements, and to be there for Nana on her birthday. He was sick for quite a while though, so she is handling it pretty well.

Well, Grandad, I hope you're at that magnificent pub in the sky... getting ready to go and play your greatest game of golf :) Try to behave you crazy sailor, and no pinching the ladies! He was a whisky man, so if anyone wants to.. be sure to have a shot in his honor :)