Monday, February 05, 2007

Da Bears Da Movies Da Monkey

So, the Colts did it. Hafta admit, I was rootin' for the underdog Bears. I loved that first return, it was a beautiful thing. I'm not sure I plucked a fav Superbowl commercial, though. The Budweiser slapping one was funny. And I thought the one where the employees were being abused was sorta hilarious in a twisted way.. the guy with those metal clips all over his face? That was funny and painful at the same time. "He's ready to see you now.. please remove your shirt." AHAH! And Prince, he can do no wrong. I just love him. Even though he jilted me way back in the day by cancelling his show.. he's still Prince. He got out there in the rain and rocked the place. Although the two girls dressed in black dancing around, I was petrified the entire time they were going to slip and do a nose dive into the audience. Whew. Sorry for the photo, but I couldn't help but chuckle when I found it. Beta's husband once called him a 'strange little man'. S'true. But he's amazing. I remember long ago I used to think he was the freak and Michael Jackson was the normal one. Pfft.

Saturday night MrNV, Monkey and I went out. We had dinner, then decided to hit our local cheapy theater. It's only $3 per person. There just wasn't anything at the regular theater that rocked our boat. We went to see 'Deja Vu' with Denzel Washington. It was actually really good! I just thought it was a regular cop movie when I caught the previews.. someone did something bad and Denzel was going to have to find them and give them a good beatin'. But there was a lot more to it. We all enjoyed it, and it is definitely rental worthy :) Just thought I'd mention that. It had a SciFi twist to it.

Friday night Monkey had a friend over late, and they were entranced by live webcams. I was browsing different blogs, and they were at the other computer. Suddenly they heard a voice, "Who is that?!" and they bombarded my desk. They got to watch Rockdog on his webcam.. and thought it was great. They couldn't understand why we could see him and he couldn't see us. Or hear us. And they kept trying to talk to him. It was sorta funny. Lame for Rockdog as he had to keep it G for a bit, but funny to see their reaction. I was fascinated if I could get a good reception on my TV at that age. But to see someone live on the Internet? Sort of crazy when you think about it.

And I can't believe Sirdar is the only one that put forth effort for a Limerick. Y'all stink :) Thank you Sirdar.. you are my hero. For the next 4 minutes.

OH! And speaking of HEROES!! :) It's on tonight! It's all Monkey talks about. "Do you know what today is??" So.. these are the questions:

1. WHO is the Cheerleader's real dad?
2. WHAT happened to the horn rimmed glasses guy that plays her father and had an altercation with Sylar? Is he dead? And does he have a super power?
3. If your kid could take cash from the ATM.. would you let him?!?! :)
4. Hiro's dad is the collector??! WHAT??!?!
5. Is the flippy hair guy going to explode?? You know, I caught him on TV and in the interview he said he hates his hair. Kinda funny :)
6. Do they write it as HEROES because it stands for something?
Human Evolution... Rescuers... Omnipotent.. Evil Sylar?? :)

It's all I can think of right now. But I laughed the other night when Monkey went to bed. I was tucking him in and he asked, "Mom"... "Yes?"... "Are you on the list?".. and then he laughed. If you don't know the show, and haven't seen the commercials.. then never mind :)