Monday, February 19, 2007

How many years?!

Yes, it's true, today is my wedding anniversary. MrNV and I have actually been married for... drum roll... 13 years :) We've been together for 20, it just took us a long time to decide to actually tie the knot. I think we got tired of being told we were 'living in sin' and all the guilt from his mother. Man. I did love our wedding, it was beautiful. I just wish I could have watched it with someone else playing the bride. I felt like a sequin covered marshmallow. I loved my flowers, and my mother and I had a great time picking them out at the florist and running up a huge bill for my dad to pay :) I made the cake topper, because I hated the bride/groom things. Just so silly. And none of the brides looked like a sequin covered marshmallow.. and I wanted angels. My dad owned a restaurant at the time, and so he had his baker do the cake.. cuz he was being a slacker. And she did a beautiful job. Although by the time MrNV and I arrived at the reception (late, because our photographer was an idiot) some of the butter icing was sliding onto the lower levels. Oh, and at the wedding.. my father put on the wrong corsage. The minister and my father-in-law went to switch it out with him because he was wearing the one for my mom and he said, "Fuck her, she didn't pay for them. I can wear whatever fucking corsage I want." AHAH! The only difference was that one had 1 rose and the other had 2. No huge deal-e-o. Let him wear it! Oh, and of course, he arrived with his amazingly beautiful stripper.. Shawn. And she was gorgeous. His little African queen ;) And in the back room, while I was TRYING TO GET DRESSED IN FRONT OF A CROWD OF 20 WOMEN THAT JUST KEPT COMING.. MrNV's mother asked Dad's friend, "What do you do for a living?"... to which she replied, "I'm a nurse." AAAAAAAAAAHAHAH! And, because she never gives up, "Doesn't it make it hard for you to be a nurse with THOOOOOSE nails?" and I think everyone in the room inhaled at the same time. AHAHAH! Because her nails were the longest I've seen forever, and all decorated. But she replied without skipping a beat, "No, not at all." I loved it. And I can't forget the psycho bitch sister throwing a tantrum the night before and being a complete hag. My brother left the room by backing out ;) It was funny. I actually thought it was funny at the time, although I was incredibly pissed. Sometimes you can't crap on someone's mood.. now matter how hard she was trying. So, she was dropped from the ceremony like THAT! Sometimes I forget why I don't speak to her, and it's memories like that one which remind me.

But it was great. And I would do it all over again. Even with MrNV, because I am certain there isn't anyone else out there that would be able to tolerate me for 20 years :) And even though that fucktart is out of town today, I still love him. OK, sometimes I do want to stick an ice pick through his skull via his eye.. but I still love him. Perhaps I'll have Chal write a sappy poem for me :)

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I sometimes want to stick an ice pick in your eye
but I never do...