Friday, November 17, 2006

Where does time go?


I was digging around for a business card I needed today, and found my 1st driver's license. And I remember this moment perfectly, because I was in shock .. and that was my look of "I can't believe he passed me??!!". I couldn't parallel park, regardless of how much I had practiced. I was so nervous. But I think the guy took pity on me. I was going on and on about how in a week I was moving to Switzerland and I really wanted to get my license and be able to drive and hang out with my friends before leaving.. because I couldn't drive in Switzerland. I had to do the driven twice, because the first guy CLAIMS I ran a yellow light. I thought you could? I only run the red ones now :) I drove over him later... hit-n-run. Still can't prove it ;) Oh, and about 3 days later I had a ticket for 'reckless' driving and 'endangerment' to others.. or something. WHATever. Thank you, BETA, for bailing me out on that one. She helped me pay it, and I was in Switzerland before my parents read about it IN THE PAPER! They put everything in the paper in St.Joe. BWAHAHAH!

But I just really can't believe I was 16 in this photo, and I'm now 38 with husband, child and mortgage? Wow. It feels like yesterday, but it was 22 years ago. It's amazing to me.

I'm going to go and get drunk now.