Thursday, November 09, 2006

Like Opa Like Grandson.. :)


So, I took Monkey to the doctor's office last Tuesday. While sitting in the waiting room, we were reading magazines. I was glancing through a 'Food and Wine' gawking at all of the beautiful resorts I will never be able to stay at. And noticed a really great BAKED crab rangoon recipe, and that just never occurred to me? Why not bake them? I love crab rangoon, just hate the whole fried aspect. Just ruins them if they're done badly.

Anyway, so the boy gets my attention after a while of reading his 'Motor Trend' November issue. "Momma.. this is the car I want." I checked it out, because it was a pretty sweet looking sexy little beast of a car. And then I pondered, Bugatti? Bugatti doesn't make cars anymore, huh? Yes, it says Bugatti Veyron 16.4. Sweeeeet. So I stole the magazine (yes, it's on my desk now, just call the doctors office waiting room police, I don't care). And I giggled, because of all of the bazillions of cars listed in this thing, my very own little Monkey picked out the cream of the crop. OK, so it costs $1,440,800.00. Pfft :) But hey, it goes 0-100 in 5.7 SECONDS. My van would be coughing up blood if I tried to do that. The transmission would just laugh at me.. and then explode. It's a beautiful car though. In 1989 I visited the Schlumpf Collection Museum in Mulhouse, France. I was impressed with the Bugatti collection, and they had a beautiful Bugatti Royale. Old cars are so amazing, and I love to think of the history they have each experienced. And my father, I couldn't get him out of the Ferrari aisle. It's a phenomenal collection, you can get information here. If you're a car freak, it's one of those places you should check out, as it is the largest car museum in the world. Even if only via images online, because It's just one of those amazing places you might not know existed! I didn't until my father took MrNV and myself, and it was amazing.

So, now I have to get back to work. My little Schlumpf wants a Bugatti, and who am I to deny him his destiny??? AAHAHAHAH! Think he'll settle for a Geo??? :)