Sunday, November 05, 2006

Cartoon 'Open Season'

Monkey and I had a date night, we went to see 'Open Season'. I know, it's been out for a while.. but we haven't been yet. And it's such a cute cartoon! A rescued bear cub grows up VERY domestic and because of a few misunderstandings ends up being taken back out into the wild. And wouldn't you know, it's a couple days before hunting season :) It's really very funny. I loved the rabbits, they were so abused! And a Scottish squirrel named McSquizzy, voiced by the always hilarious Billy Connolly. Oh, and the gun made me laugh. The main hunter-bad-guy.. he named his gun 'Lorraine'. Which is my name. And even spelled it correctly. And it made me laugh, because I kept thinking I heard him say Lorraine but didn't understand why.

Anyway, it's very funny and Monkey gives it 2 thumbs up :) Oh, and he wanted me to mention that there wasn't anyone else in the theater. However, a few (I think) drunk girls arrived just after it started. One girl, I am certain, got up about 8 times during the movie to hit the bathroom. I'm so old and easily annoyed :)

But what is with all the penguin movies? There is something coming out called 'Happy Feet' maybe? And we also caught another cartoon ad for a surfing penguin movie, I think called 'Surf's Up'. Enough with the penguins already. Seriously.