Sunday, November 12, 2006

Mental Midgets

I get so angry this time of year, with people stalling. I hate NOT KNOWING. It's so annoying. I asked my father-in-law to find out what his side of the family wanted to do for Thanksgiving.. about 3 weeks ago. I said that I would be happy to have it here, since his nephew is going through a divorce which would leave only MrNV's dad, aunt and cousin to come over. Which is cool. And so I invited my dad over since I don't think my sister is doing Thanksgiving, they're doing 'nothing' this year. Whatever. Asses. So I called him again today, "Find anything out about Thanksgiving?" You know, so I can PLAN so I'm not running around like a stupidass the day before. "OH, well, uh... er... I think he's doing something. But I'm not sure. But I think we're going there." No. We're not. Because I am not dragging my Father across MO to some farm in the middle of BFE. Just not. I'm lucky he'll come to my home. Pa doesn't socialize well with MrNV's family. They're very Christian and 'proper' and my Dad is... well, he's just not :)

So now I'm annoyed. Because it sounds like FIL has offered us up on Thanksgiving to go to the farm, and that wasn't what I said originally. I said that we were doing a 'thing' and they were welcome if they didn't have plans. ...sigh...

I know. I'm unreasonable. But I just ask for people to follow through with things. It's not so hard? I asked him, "What are their plans? Could you find out if they want to join us?" .. I did not ask, "What are their plans? Can we join them?". ..sigh.. Men don't listen. They just don't. It's not even just a husband thing, it's basically a man thing. It's true. Let me COUNT the times MrNV has gone somewhere and I have asked, "Could you pick up this-or-that for me?"... and he doesn't.

**Hey Tense Teacher??** I have a question since you is so SMRT. If I say Dad, is it not supposed to be capitalized? I always thought Aunt, Dad, Mom, Brother.. etc... was supposed to be caps? But then... nobody else does it.. so am I just retarded? Because it makes me nuts when I type.. I want to cap it.. but hate looking more stupiderrr than I is already :) Days of the week annoy me too, but I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be caps? It's rough when you read other things where they aren't... and I get all fussy.