Monday, March 27, 2006

My little Gladiator




So, it's been a bad weekend for the Monkey Boy. Saturday we discovered that he has head lice. Ugh. I'm guessing it came from the baseball helmets they share at baseball practice. Who knows. It's a whole new thing for us, so it sent the house into chaos on Saturday. Washing, bathing, bombing, picking... me grossing out. Today was back to normal, but I kept him home from school as I would hate for Monkey to be the one spreading lice. So he and his gladiator buddy were playing tonight and I hear this WHUMP and then BWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Monkey comes into my office whaling and holding his head, so of course I go to rub his head and tell him he'll be OK... to find blood all over my hands. BWAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!

Yah, he's OK. He was such a brave little man, he didn't cry once he realized he wasn't dying. And of course as long as Mom and Dad weren't freaking out at the blood. Blech. And the doctor was being all calm, but looking at us giving us 'those' faces :) The cut was deep enough that he also checked the bone while there. Blech. My husband is a bit crazy and thought it would be fractured or something. It's not like they were swinging cleavers or something. So, he has officially gotten his first stitches. And is doing fine now :) I hope tomorrow is a happy and calm day :) Although, he is grounded now for getting stains on his new shirt!! AAAAHAHAHAHH!! Oh, and I am SO happy his friend went with us, because that question the doctor asked Monkey Boy, "WHO did this to you??!!"... WHEW!!