Friday, March 24, 2006

Memorrieesss.... like the corner of my minddddd...


I was browsing 'Swim At Your Own Risk' and discovered that Bernard Lacoste has died. The man that came up with the little alligator logo IZODs. ..sigh... Man, that brought up a bunch of memories of my youth. I had a yellow one, I loved it. I thought I was sooooo cool. My parents, completely devoid of the fashion NEEDS of teenage girls, couldn't understand why I didn't like the K-Mart brand :) Of course, I now appreciate their lack of caring since they were raising 4 growing kids... and I have a hard enough time keeping up with one!! And for Christmas one year my sisters gave me (OK, it was a hand-me-down, but I loved it anyway) a red IZOD sweater. It had a huge alligator on the front, same color yarn as the rest of the sweater. So, it didn't jump out at you.. it was very 'adult' and I thought I ruled the world. Which I did. For about a month. Until my Mother washed it with bleach. Along with my Gloria Vanderbilt jeans. I love you Mom, but you can't do laundry to save your life.