Thursday, March 16, 2006

Happy Birthday Beta!!!



Yesterday I couldn't get this to upload to Blogger.. and the images have been giving me pain the last 2 days. GOSH, I'm going to COMPLAIN about this FREE SERVICE!! ..snicker..

Happy BELATED Birthday !!!!

So, yesterday I was working along. Freeloader did my grocery shopping, which is GREAT! He loves to do it, I hate to. I guess after doing it so long, it's just not as much fun. But, especially not on 10 cent listing fee day on eBay. Assclowns an their 1 day notice. So, Freeloader decided to make lasagna.. and can that boy cook! It smelled so good in here all day. Well, OK, and it also smelled all night which was a bit disturbing. But, 1 hour before his glorious food extravaganza was done, I got the call. "It's mom's birthday!! Can you meet us for dinner?"... holy cow. My bestest buddy Beta was turning 38. Eh.. I mean 23!! We grew up together, her family was my adopted family. We met in middle school. I am the crappiest friend ever at getting together with my friends, ask around! So how could I not? Plus, that I forgot it was her birthday, I'm such a wanker. I barely remember my own! So, Mr NV, Monkey Boy and I hurry and get all spiffed up. Poor Freeloader... "Where are you going???" AAAAAAAAAHHAHAHH!!!! However, he handled it really well. Personally, had I cooked all day and then everyone left? It would have been hurled into the back yard for the beasts in the woods.

So, I am not such a crappy friend after all. Well, this week. YAY!! We had dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse.. complete with shrimp being hurled at our heads.. and that magical yellow sauce they put on everything. And it was really great to spend time with Beta and her crazy family. Including daughter that is like 14 now and it feels like she was just born yesterday! I remember when Beta brought her home! Where does time go????