Monday, March 13, 2006

My daily QVC call..


So she called again. Waited until 12:00.. smart girl. Would you believe she did ask me today "How is everything there??"... then cut me off. But, it's OK, didn't feel like wasting my breath anyway. Heard all about how she was annoyed that someone wanted to come by and view her house yesterday (it's for sale) during the severe weather. Can't be upset with that comment, I would have been too! Who goes out to look at homes while there are tornado sirens?? OK, we might.. but we're odd. So she asked about my Mother, they're not speaking now. Summary.. because she told my mother she should start researching homes for the elderly ... ugh. Anyway, I told her that Mom came to the baseball practice Saturday.. I was surprised. I didn't think she would find the location. "Oh, really? Well, so I guess we're going to have to schedule who goes to what practice then." WHAT? I really had to choke back a huge laugh. Seriously. I've told her about each practice so far, and not once did she say, "Where?"... "When?"... nothing. Not until my Mother actually showed up at one. Why? Because NOW she has an excuse not to come at all... which was what she was doing in the first place. "Well, I was afraid Mom would be there." I know that excuse is coming. Not that I ever ask why she doesn't come anyway!

And don't get me started on the school field trip for Monkey Boy's. I had called her the night before because I felt very sick, and I never ever ask her for favors. I asked if she could go on the field trip to help because I didn't think I'd be up to it at all. "Oh, sure, I'll call you back later." .. no call.. no call.. I went to bed early. Got up.. no call. So, I just got ready and went with my husband. We had signed up as 2 adults, because they need adults to help watch the monkeys. I called her from the school... just incase I missed her call and she was frantically looking for us or lost trying to find the school. "Did you think you might be coming?"... "Oh, you know, I totally forgot! I'm on my way to get my hair done right now.. so I'll have to pass." Ended up with pneumonia a week later and went to the hospital.. I blame her :)

Oh, to the point, she called to tell me that they were having way cool things on QVC or some other home shopping channel.. and that I needed to be sure and watch. .... I'll get right on it ...