Friday, March 10, 2006

I'm not 12. I'm really not.


Why do I continue to get annoyed with my sister's stupid comments? Why does she continue to treat me like I'm 12? I took my son to school today. I take my son to school everyday. We have fun in the momma-van, get breakfast and basically shoot the breeze. He starts my day off right. I get home.. I check the caller ID. ... business... business... business... sister... sister.. sister... why is she calling me so many times? 9:01am ... 9:05am... 9:10am... who died?? I call her back.
"Oh, FINALLY you're calling me, sleeping in eh?"
I pause. I must refrain from being the 'cold' and 'unfeeling' bitch that the other sister thinks I am. But think to myself she is a moron, I take my son to school every day. I have taken my son to school every day since he started.. pretty much. It takes ME A WHILE TO GET HOME YOU TWIT!! But no,
"I had to take Monkey Boy to school.. eh?". Ohhhh... she remembers. "Anything important? I see you called a few times?"...
"YES! Well, it's a bit LATE (snyde) now."
Many rude replies tossing around in my head.. but I pause. "What?"
"They had the COOLEST thing on QVC!!"
And instantly there is this trigger in my head that prevents me from hearing one more word. Seriously. I can't hear one fucking thing. I just think to myself that I have a 984 things on my to-do list today and none of them include watching QVC or any new fangled gadget they may be offering at whatever super-duper-dealio price they may have it at. And even though I don't offer any response, she will literally keep me on the phone for no less than 45 minutes. Talking about vacuum cleaners, gadgets that paint around door frames, cleaning products. Every once in a while she'll say the word 'scrapbook' because it is the only thing that interests me that she knows about.. and I'll perk up....
"But they're not selling any of THAT stuff today."...
and then she'll rant on about how she has to clean her house. How her husband is going to be home this weekend and everything has to be tip-top. And I want to scream. Literally.
As it is, I worked for a long time at a job I hated. This job required me to talk on the phone basically all day. And since quitting said job which I hated, I still hate talking on the phone. MORE than I hate going to the dentist pretty much. And she knows that too. So, basically, I'm annoyed that she still thinks I am 12 and that I sleep until 1:00. I hate that she knows basically nothing about anything I do, and doesn't even care to find out really. I'll bet if I were to quiz 'The Girl Next Door' who has posted here, she could list 10 things that interest me. My sister would be lucky to think up 4. That sucks :) But it's all good, because The Girl Next Door is much funnier, she's a hard worker AND she throws things at her husband!!!

So I'm gettin' my hair did today. That will make me feel better!
And this is a photo of my little Monkey Boy when he was born. Also makes me smile :) I wish I had a better camera back then!