Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tagged for MeMeezzz..

I'm not feeling super creative, and I've been tagged for another MeMe. So, I'll get them both out of the way. MeMe's scare me, because depending on my mood they can come across as witty and intelligent answers, or bitchy and pathetic. I'll do my best to be bitchy and intelligent.. perhaps :)

The first would be THIS meme from Beckie. I won't tag anyone, because you won't do it then I'll cry :) But if you would like to do it just because.. please feel free!

Four things that should go into room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth:
1: Racists
2: The jackass up the street that keeps shooting my squirrels.
3: That plastic packaging they use on everything that requires scissors to open. And once you do cut it open, it's as sharp as a razor and you have to be careful not to die! But it's so stiff, even though it's cut open, it's still incredibly hard to get into.
4: Barbara Streisand

Three things people do that make you want to shake them violently.
1: Say Missour-uh instead of Missouri-eeeee (Missouri, which is where I live. Funny thing in typing that out, I forgot what it looks like since I always use MO :))
2: Call me stupid
3: Only come around or call when they want something or to ask a favor.

Two things you find yourself moaning about. (only TWO?!)
1: My brother and what a selfish self-centered user jackass he is.
2: My husband is out of town too much.

One thing the above answers tell you about yourself.
I don't like my brother anymore?

And the other meme would be the 8 things about yourself. I think I was actually tagged twice, I think Chal once and maybe SBS the other time. But I have ignored it forever because I just haven't been in a good mood? But, here it goes;

Fact 1: I was born in Scotland, and moved to Texas at about 4 weeks of age. I became an American citizen at the age of 16, but still retain Swiss citizenship. My son is the first natural born American in my family :)

Fact 2: I lived in Russikon, Switzerland when I was 16. I lived there for 6 months, and missed half of my Junior year of HS. I went to Oekos Schule in Zurich to learn German, and it was crazy. Especially when I had to learn French... in German. Holy cow. I started the day after I arrived. I've also been to France, Germany, Italy (crossing the border here and there) and Greece. I had to take buses and trains to school every day, and it was the BEST. I almost stayed there and went to a private school.. I'm glad I didn't or I would never have met MrNV or have Monkey.

Fact 3: I met MrNV in 1986 and we have been together ever since. I was a virgin when we met, and that was by choice... not cuz I was a super hideous troll. Only a kinda hideous troll :)

Fact 4: I have 3 siblings, and only like 1 of them. Oldest being my brother, I only recently wrote him off. Second oldest, she's alright. A little too uppity for me, but a genuinely sweet person and although I get mad at her sometimes, she's pretty amazing. The other sister is just evil and sent out a 7 page letter to everyone in the family (same letter to all of us) telling each of us why we're assholes. My father won't speak to her anymore. I barely do, only if I have to... which would be maybe twice in the last 2 years. None of them have children, thank God.

Fact 5: I used to feel guilty that Monkey is an only child. It took us 10 years to have him, and we were shocked and amazed when we found out we were having a baby. But for myself and MrNV, the only people that have seriously screwed with us during our lives have been our own siblings... so hopefully we've done the right thing.

Fact 6: My mother slept with the mailman. Lame , I know. I found calendars and journals hidden inside the lining of our couch when I was 15. I think I'm still fucked up from that, but I don't talk about it. Or I joke about it. But if I really think about it, it seriously upsets me. They were married 27 years.. and the mailman wasn't the only one mentioned.. in great physical detail.. in her journals.

Fact 7: I have a scar on my face from my father hitting me causing me to get stitches. I once went to school and it hurt to sit down because I had bruises all over my back and around my neck. But when I reflect on my childhood the best memories I have were with my dad. And the only one that tried to generate fun ... was my dad. I think sometimes if my mother had been a better person, that my father wouldn't have reached those points of frustration and taken it out on us. I want my father to move in with us because he cried so much and went through a horrible depression after my mother left, and I was the only one living at home to help him. I think it's unfair that he's alone, and she isn't. And I would put her into a nursing home tomorrow if I had to. Go figure. You can grow up and you can stop talking about it and you can forgive, but you don't really let it go.

Fact 8: I'm actually a happy person. And I knew this meme was going to go bad, but those are the 8 things about me which I don't feel are obvious by reading my blog. And it felt good to get it out. I feel like I've written one of those anonymous postcards to THIS site. Which I want to do, just need to think about what ;)