Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fun and Games 1999 Style

Today was a craptastic work day. I am scanning art for a new project, and that takes forever. FOREVER. So, while waiting for my scanner to process the images, I thought I would play with a toy my sister is letting me borrow. You can hook video things up to it and create DVD's. Over time I have had a few different types of video recorders, and basically can't watch any of the smaller video cassettes now. My newest hooks up to my puter so I won't have these issues ANYMORE!! Because no matter how I try, these silly things get misplaced. Today I decided to figure out how it would hook up to my VCR. Once I figured out there was a difference between the video IN plugs and the video OUT plugs... I got it to work! So fun! So I have been copying old VHS home movies to DVD.. er, DVR? Yeah, that one. Or is it DVD-R? Whatever. And I can watch them on my computer now. I now have my wedding videos saved, and vacation videos. I still have quite a few to go. Then I will do some VHS-C tapes.. which I can run through the VCR player. I have one type I am still a bit perplexed on... I'll think about that later.

This particular movie cracked me up. Not only because MrNV gets upset because he still had hair back in 1999... but because it was Monkey Boy's very first storm chase :) MrNV was calling that cloud behind us a wall cloud, but it isn't. We were newbies then :) Just a SLC - Scary Looking Cloud :) Monkey was not quite 3 months old... and you know he was loving that flash of lightning!! Someone call child services QUICK!! MrNV crushed the mic on this camera, so we had to use an external mic. I used to make fun of him and make him act like a reporter :) The baby is just so doggone cute. And MrNV's hair really does crack me up.. those bangs! And the look of fear he has after the lightning blasts him with purple. You can tell he's thinking, "Oh, shit, is that a pole behind me???".