Monday, July 16, 2007

Icky.. and fun

While working I turned on the BRAVO channel, and it's a marathon of that absolutely grotesque show 'The Real Housewives of Orange County'. Seriously, I could gag. And you know I can't change the channel. It's like a drug. After today I won't think of the show again, but once it's on my TV.. and I see it's one episode after another.. I'm hooked. So I'm typing away and every once in a while I'll hear something so absurd I have to pause and just look up in shock. For example, some wealthy woman had a big 4-wheel drive black SUV thingie .. and it had pink wheels. "I'm having 5 carat cubic zirconia put in the wheels!".. and they zoomed in and showed these big stones in the wheel. Just so ... pointless? I mean, are these people so bored they have to come up with stupid ideas like this? And there is a 20 year old girl marrying some older guy.. he has 2 young kids. They seem like sweet kids, and the guy is alright... if you're into men looking for a trophy wife. But I just don't see these two working out. But what do I know. I guess a man looking for a trophy wife accepts that the trophy wife is looking for a man with money. There is only 1 woman on the show that's somewhat tolerable, she is the only brunette. Her husband is some retired athlete. But her kids are spoiled rotten. Reminds me I need to beat my kid more, and add 'NO!' to my vocabulary :)

Any scrapbookers out there? I'm thinking of attending maybe a couple classes for kicks at THIS show this October. Wanna go? Any recommendations on which ones I should go to? I've never been to one before. I'll prolly force GirlNextDoor to come along, or I'll just go alone. Nobody I know likes scrapbooking that much. I'm not that into the formal layouts, but I like the artistic stuff. I dunno. Might go. Might not. MrNV keeps telling me he'll come along, but I know he'll hate it. I like for him to suffer, but not THAT much :)

Oh well. Back to work. And I REALLY need to change channels. Give me strength!!