Saturday, May 05, 2007

Whoo-hoo


Mr NV is in Atlantic City, however, this did not stop him from helping me pick a winning horse. During the auction at the party, he was on the phone insisting that Hard Spun was a really good horse and that we should win him. The auction went down the list from position 1, and the #1 horse Sedgefield was only going for $15.00. Can't resist that! So we bought him. But when Hard Spun came around, we ended up paying $135.00 for him. After all of the horses sold, they ended up collecting a pot valued at over $2,000.00! If you watched the race, you will know that Hard Spun got out there and took over from the git go.. and actually hung on!!! I was screaming my lungs out.. GOOOOOOOOOOO!!! And my glue factory candidate Sedgefield was actually hanging on to 3rd place for a while, which was awesome! In the end, Hard Spun came in 2nd and Sedgefield the amazing $15 horse was 5th. And for 2nd place? We won $606!!! OH yeahhhh!!!! and there were $10 bets collected for the winning horse, and I won $89 in that pot! The 1st place owner of Street Sense won $1,200 something. Woo-hah!

The pain of losing :) The most expensive horse sold for $165 and he came in 19th.. Scat Daddy. My brother really wanted him and ran the price up, I'm glad he didn't win it. And someone paid $119 for Cowtown Cat.. and he came in 20th. For that prize they win a trophy with the back end of a horse and a bottle of glue. But THANK YOU to the losers, as you brought the grand total up :) And thank you to GirlNextDoor for being ornery and running those prices up. I owe you a cut, don't I??

Thank you GirlNextDoor for keeping me company :) Sorry I'm so dull :) And thank you Chal and Blu for making a guest appearance! And trying to teach me how to play cards. I'm lame. Next year, however, we ARE going to beat them in the Texas Hold Em' competition! Once I figure out what it is!

XO