Monday, April 30, 2007

Anyone good with da Horses??

So I'm going to my sister's annual Kentucky Derby party this year. I won in 2004 with Smarty Jones :) I picked him because I liked the photos of him.. no other reason. I don't even think he was big favorite. I bought him at auction for $80, my husband bought Lion Heart for $45 or something like that. Because we actually won 1st and 2nd place, we walked out of there with about $700!!! The following year I lost, but on accident. Had I known that Sting has a son named Giacomo, I would have bought that horse! But I didn't.. and I lost. I was tricked :)

So who is going to win this year? Anyone with any good ideas? This is the list of contenders:

  • Any Given Saturday
  • Bwana Bull
  • Circular Auay
  • Cobalt Blue
  • Cowtown Cat
  • Curlin
  • Dominican
  • Great Hunter
  • Hard Spun
  • Liquidity
  • Nobiz Like Shobiz
  • Sam P
  • Scat Daddy
  • Sedgefield
  • Slew's Tizzy
  • Storm in May
  • Stormello
  • Street Sense
  • Teuflesberg
  • Tiago
  • Xchanger
  • Zanjero
My brother has dibs on Scat Daddy, and that's fine. I think Curlin is the favorite? I like Storm in May because.. I just like storms in May and we chase tornadoes :) Teufelsberg sounds dangerous, as it means Devil's Mountain or something :) He's also a really beautiful horse! But I just don't know. I like to pick them if I like the way they look.. because I'm stupid like that.