Saturday, April 14, 2007

Stuff-n-Things


I still haven't touched the vacation photos yet. I will. When I feel like it :) But these photos sum up our time since returning. My brother felt he wanted to build Monkey a kick-ass little fort outside our back fence. It's very cool. We agree it is the only fort with marble tile floors :) There is a reason for that.. and they're actually scrap tile. But it's secret :) He did a great job, I need to take updated photos. The kids have since painted it camo, and the inside is very cool. Keyboards, and even speakers to plug the mp3 player into. It is a work in progress, but the kids like it. I'm happy because I can see it from my office window. I'll be sure to put it on the webcam once they go back out to play.. since it's so COLD! The tree photo I took from my office window. However, the little purple buds are now dead and there are no leaves trying to bloom since the FROST nabbed them. If my lilac bush doesn't bloom I'm going to become violent.














Monkey also went to a sock hop at the school, we invited his buddy crazy G. They had fun. Monkey went as the rebel without a clue, and I think Gman was going for the um.. studious look? :)

For Easter we hid 200 eggs with our neighbors. They were spread over 4 lawns, and we invited other children from the neighborhood. Monkey has a lot of fun, and they all ended up in the fort at the end scarfing their candy down. They were like little crazed monsters in there.. candy wrapper mayhem. 188 of the eggs were numbered, and we had a drawing. If you had that egg.. you won a prize. We made sure everyone won at least one. However, I didn't win, and I think that's crap. I will issue a complaint immediately. MrNV went walking up the hill and mentioned he knew where some of the missed eggs were, and the crazed children chased him. I feared for his life.. but then remembered he has life insurance. Whew :)