Monday, May 14, 2007

Much sadness.


As a parent, basically my biggest fear is anyone snatching the Monkey. And any time you read about a child being kidnapped, you feel so incredibly sad for the child. I don't lose so much sleep when it's a parent that runs with them, because you hope that at least they're with a mom or dad and they're only trying to anger the other parent... but still love the child. But when strangers are involved, you just know nothing good can come of it. And it reminds me of the time Monkey asked me, "Why don't elves help children that are kidnapped?".. because of me telling him that elves are always watching. God forbid that he would ever be so afraid that he would be hoping that an elf would possibly pop in to check on him.. and help him. It's one of those things that keep me up at night if I ponder too long. "What is that noise? Has someone broken in? Is Monkey calling me??"

Anyway, I ramble. I have been keeping up on the story about the little girl Madeline from England. She was kidnapped while on vacation with her parents in Portugal. Sadly, the police stated they feel she was kidnapped by a child sex ring. How much worse can the parents possibly feel? Today I read that J.K. Rowling, of Harry Potter fame, donated $3 million to the reward fund being collected to find her. That's amazing. I wish I were a billionaire so I could do amazing things like that. However, there are children kidnapped daily and not all of them reach the public eye as Madeline has. I would hire a group of about 100 of the burliest most bad-assed men I could find. And women! And I would finance their travels to go around the world and find these deviant sickos that kidnap children.. and they would just vanish. And I would sleep just fine at night, wouldn't you? And I bet nobody would ever ask questions as to where these people went.. ever. Just finding the children one by one isn't going to solve the problem.

At any rate, good for the celebs like Simon Cowell and others that donated to the cause. (The Story). And I sincerely hope they find little Madeline safe and sound. She's so cute, I bet someone just kidnapped her because they wanted a cute little girl to spoil :) She's prolly eating bon-bons on a private yacht somewhere. I bet that bitch Angelina nabbed her :) You know she's out of control!