Thursday, May 31, 2007

Annoyed


I'm annoyed, so venting for me. I have a neighbor, she is a flake. I guess I like her, but not very much. She's an alright person, but is much more hassle than the whole relationship is worth.

About 10 days or so ago, she called me. "Hey, I have a favor." This is basically how every conversation starts with her. If she's calling, she needs something. Usually it's getting her kids off the bus and to my house, because one of them forgot their key.. again. So I have to bratsit until she gets home from work. Or, her son is sick and he needs to stay here so she doesn't get in trouble at work for missing more days. Yes, at the time there was a husband. Take her son to baseball practice. Two parents, two cars.. and I'm still carting their idiot brat son around. And he's a tyrant. The only kid in the world I actually don't like. And she's forever telling me her son and mine are best friends. Er, no they're not. But you wouldn't know that since basically you shove your 3 kids out the door every morning and hope that they'll just not come back until dark. One of the daughters actually told GirlNextDoor one day that she wasn't allowed to go home yet. Her daughter's are OK, I don't mind them. But the boy is a complete disrespectful brat. Not that mine is a treat, but if I catch him doing something wrong I will smack him down. Or smack him down later. Her son, if she didn't see it happen, then she will say, "Well, it's too late to say something now.. he won't understand." What is he, a dog?? If a friend of mine tells me that Monkey climbed onto her son's back and clawed at him until he fell onto the ground, then basically beat him to take the baseball... I would most definitely deal with the situation. Even if it was a week later!

Anyway, so she called me and asked if I could pick up her Aunt at the airport. Suuure. Whatever. Never met her, didn't know who to look for. But, Monkey and I worked it out and brought her back to neighbor's house. So today she called me 3 times. I wasn't at my desk, but noticed she called when I came back. Ugh. I waited about 20 minutes then called. I knew it wasn't to take her son to Baseball, he's out of town until Monday.
"Hey, what's up? Everything OK? I noticed you called."
"Yeah, well, I took care of it. I don't need you now." ..sort of giggle..
"Oh, sorry, what did you need?"
"Well, no thanks to youuuu. I made other plans. It's OK."
"Oh, well I wasn't here when you called. Anything bad?"
"No, my Aunt needed a ride to the airport."
"Today?"
"Yeah, she needed to be there by 5:45"
"Oh. Well, but you know I have baseball? And I have to be there at 5:00"
"I thought you could take her before the game."
"Then she would be really early, because I have to be there just after 5:00"
"It still wouldn't have been as early as 3:30 which is when I would have had to drop her off."
Annoyed that she waited until 4:00 to even call me with this favor. And wondering why her Aunt was still in the background talking to her, and it was now 5:00
"Well, sorry I couldn't help. Tell her to have a safe flight."
"OK. Thanks!"

And I'm just annoyed. She never invites me to do anything with her, ever. Unless it's to some stupid party she's having at her house where she guilts me into buying something so she can qualify for some stupid host gift of some sort or another. I'd rather people just ask me for $20 than try to sell me over-priced make-up I'll never use, or candles which cause my husband to bitch that he hates the smell. And at the baseball games she is constantly giggling on her cell talking to someone or another, why can't THEY pick up her freakin' Aunt?

And don't get me started on the fact that she's going through a divorce right now. She decided to divorce her husband basically because life is too short? She actually called one day all happy that she had received two proposals.. kinda. One being her speech coach from Arkansas.. now married. He told her that he wished he would have 'pursued' her when he had the chance, but that he would leave his wife. And some ex-boyfriend from Arkansas. Also married now. Why was she even speaking to them??? I remember when they first moved in, she was always asking MrNV to come up and help her do something-or-other. She'd call, "Is he there? I need some help" blah bla. He would laugh because she was pouring on the Southern charm and ditsy woman act. Eventually he started being busy.. because we thought at first she was a single mother and he felt bad that she was raising 3 kids alone. Until one day... LOW AND BEHOLD.. we discovered there WAS a husband. Too busy playing on his computer to help out. Not a total loser, but just not motivated around the house.

Anyway, I ramble. I'm just pissed and wanted to add it to my 'journal' for future reflection when I forget why she's a user :) It's time I not only stop answering the phone.. but stop returning calls! Because I'm sick of "I have a favor" friends that don't want anything to do with me otherwise.

Maybe I need to shower.