Monday, May 14, 2007

12 of 12 Failure

In checking out Joy's blog, it seems there is a '12 of 12' thingy people do with photos and.. I'll let you read the rules. It sounded like fun, and a great excuse to take pictures. But I failed. It was supposed to be done on the 12th, which was Saturday, and I botched it. And I missed some great photo ops, and decided to pass on others. So, since it is my first time, I'll take liberties and just try to do better next time :)

Passed Photo Op #1
9:00 am-ish
When I crawled out of bed, I realized that one of my dogs left a gift by my bedroom door. I'm guessing it was fence-jumping dog. He had run away earlier, and when he does he always returns with the runs. Then the other dog decided to walk through it in the dark. So it took quite a while to clean, but I think I did a great job. I've also noticed that when MrNV is gone.. the dogs like to violate my carpets. I'm starting to get pissed. The only benefit of my allergies would be that the odor didn't wake me up in the middle of the night like last time.

#2
11:30am-ish
Monkey and I decided to go and grab some lunch, and hit the car wash. A favorite :)










#3
12:30 pm-ish
I always mean to take a photo of this beautiful bush in our neighborhood. It only blooms in the Spring. Is it an azalea? I don't know my flowers, but it's beautiful. It's actually at the end of its bloom here, today it was already dying.








#4
2:00 pm-ish
I also drove by this flower stand on the way home. I always want to stop, but I know I'll spend money I don't need to on flowers I'm only going to kill anyway. But it's beautiful to look at.









#5
2:30 pm-ish
A brief pause and sigh as I notice how quickly the price of gas jumped over $3.00. I think it went up 16 cents over night. Just amazing. I'm glad I don't have a long commute to work every day or I'd be super pissed.








#6
3:00pm-ish
When we arrived home, I noticed how great the grass looked. It was mowed Friday, and just looks great. Everything is just so green now! GREEN!!










#7 and #8














6:00 pm-ish
I'm out of ideas on what to photograph, so 7 and 8 will be of the annoying things in my office. I picked out a new desktop for my monitor. It represents my little family; MrNV on the right, me in the middle and the drooling Monkey on the left. I borrowed it from this website, they have some really fun and funky free desktop art. And the other photo is a painting I bought on eBay a few years ago. I have no idea why, but I just loved it. I haven't properly framed it, just taped it to a frame actually. The glass broke on that frame. I think the idiot-ness of the painting itself requires that it not be properly framed.. but just slapped on the wall :) I dunno. It just pleases me. I love the smile.

#9
8:00 pm-ish
This was the missed opportunity photo. I was on the back deck cleaning Hasen's cage, and letting him get some fresh air. When I finished, I sort of glanced around the yard and looked at the trees. I noticed a large black cluster of something hanging from one of the branches of a nearby pine tree. And when I looked closer, I noticed it was a swarm of honeybees! I was excited, but freaked out at the same time. From what I understand, the honeybee population is starting to dwindle and so just seeing them made me feel sort of excited that they really are still out there. However, the nest was very close to our deck and I could just see this couldn't end well. Just then GirlNextDoor arrived, and she checked it out. She walked up to it, because she's insane. "Well, good thing is they aren't African Killer Bees.. or I'd be dead.." AHAHAH! I thanked her for risking her life to save me :) Since it was getting dark, I figured I would take a picture the next day. However, by the time I went out with the dogs.. they were gone. It turns out they travel around scouting a new place to build with the old Queen Bee.. and they leave a new Queen Bee at the old nest. You can read more here, and see a photo of what we saw. It was very interesting. I love learning new things, I had no idea they did that. And I love the Internet, because I wasn't sure what it all meant.

#10
9:00 pm-ish
Monkey and I went out for a cruise and to get an ice cream. Because it's totally not on my diet. But what can you do? He was goofing around with my glasses. He is Mr. Hollywood :)


And that's it. So I blew it, I'm 2 photos short. But I will do better next month!













**UPDATE***

Wait! I did take a photo of the salmon Monkey and I had for dinner. It cooked a bit longer than I like, I was on the phone. But it was really good! Monkey loves salmon. So I'm only ONE photo short! YAY!!

#11
7:00 pm-ish
The edges were a bit dry, my sister called and I missed the timer. Wretched woman!