Thursday, May 31, 2007

Spellin'

I caught the end of the Scripps National Spelling Bee tonight. Fun fun. It was down to the last 5 kids, and I attempted to be sm-rt. Gah!

Laquear - got it
Rognon - missed it I said runion :) Ahahah! Idiot! The kid that got it (Canadian.. you guys!) didn't even ask for the definition or language of origin. Smart little monkey :) Although it sounded French, so he had that in his favor :)
Aniseikonia - Latin / some visual disorder / I spelled it Anipsychonia cuz I'm retahhhded :) He missed it, I don't feel so bad? Tough word!
Oberek - a Polish folk dance / Polish / I spelled it Oberak I suck, he also missed.
Cyanophycean - a blue green algae / Greek elements / I tried cyanofision. After asking about 1,000,000 questions (CHEATER!!) she BARELY missed it. That was painful.
Zoilus - one given to unjust quickly / Greek / Zoaulus I SUCK - and he got it!!
Vituline - of, relating to or like a calf or veal / Latin /I tried - vituline - I got it!! OK, it really wasn't THAT hard. / HE got it too!
Pappardelle -A wide ribbon like pasta / Italian I lost again with Pahpardelle - he got it, I suck!
Videlicet - That is to say namely / I sucked with Vedelicette / and he GOT it!
Yosenabe - Japanese / Soup consisting of seafood and vegetables / I tried Yosanabae and I lose, he got it right :)
Coryza - A disease of some kind / Greek / I didn't get a chance before he started, and he missed it.
Serrefine - A small forceps for clamping a blood vessel / I didn't get a chance to spell it before they put it on the screen / kid got it right so he is the winnnnnerrrr :)
Evan O'Dorney
2007 Scripps National Spelling Bee
I hate when I confirm how not-smart I am :)