Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fuhkn' Hugh Grant..

..ring ring...
"Hello?" ... I ask as I notice it is my mom's phone number...
"Are you at that Internets??" ... ugh, never a hello from the step...
"Um, yes? What do you need?"
"What time does 28 Days Later start?"
"Which theater?"
...searching for the obscure theater the old people prefer...
"It's at 1:40. Did you see the first one?"
"First one what?"
"Well, this is a sequel to some other everyone-is-going-to-die movie."
"No, it has Hugh Grant."
"No. It doesn't."
"What is that Hugh Grant movie?"
"I have no idea."
"Where is the Hugh Grant movie? Isn't there a romantic comedy?"
..reading quickly as he rambles on and on about Hugh Grant..
"No, I don't actually see one. Pirates starts..."
"NO! I don't want to see that. I want a romantic comedy!!"
..wondering how it became my fault Hollyweird isn't doing more romantic comedies...
"How about a different theater?"... aka less obscure and more options..
"OK. Where?"
"Well, AMC has more movies." ..reading off the list...
"No! NO! Isn't there a Hugh Grant movie??"
...fuhk...
"Wait, there is that $2 theater. Let me check there."
..frantically searching for bookmark because if I hear Hugh Grant again I'm going to scream..
..shit..
"I found the Hugh Grant movie, it's called 'Music and Lyrics'.. and they have it."
"YES! YES!! That's it!! What time???"
..wondering why I'm getting that tone of 'That's what I said!!' from him..
"OK. Got it Vaaal??" .. as he reads the time to my mother, Valerie. Whom he calls Vaaal, and it makes my skin crawl.

...sigh....

Of course, during this conversation my husband is giggling in the background. The Prez is on TV with a special report, and every time he says General Patreaus my husband breaks out into the Star Wars theme. He's so gay :) I'm sure if he had his way he would send everyone a light sabre and let the war be resolved in Jedi fights.