Monday, May 07, 2007

Monday Download

So I have been festering since Saturday. Monkey had his first season baseball game. He sat on the bench the first 2 innings, and then finally got to play outfield for the second 2. I thought maybe he would cycle them per inning, no. Same 3 kids sat. And since last year, the coach has recruited some new team players and has given them the better field positions. And I just get so angry. He's not a bad player at all. He was up to bad 3 times. Hit the ball each time, 1st swing. And scored each time. And he catches the ball when he's out there.. he does just fine. Versus coaches own son who just stands there at 2nd base staring into the sky. Once they knew that we were winning, that's when they let Monkey and the other 2 play. I don't mean to take away from the whole learning thing about competition, but it's freakin' little league! I want him to have fun. Yet of course the other dads are there yelling at their sons. I don't know, I'm almost ready to just pull out. I want to travel this summer, and will be annoyed if we're sticking around town to watch him sitting on the bench so that our team can slaughter other teams 38 to 8. That's just asinine. I don't want to be a part of that kind of team.

I'm very sad for the residents of Greensburg, KS. As much as I love to watch tornadoes, I hate the fact that they are so destructive. I'm just amazed at the damage this one caused. Since MrNV was out of town, we weren't chasing. But we don't chase at night anyway, that's just stupid. I read that they found another survivor lastnight, that's wonderful. But I also read that a police officer and 2 nearby soldiers were caught looting cigarettes and alcohol? I hope they throw the book at them. That's just disgusting to take advantage of a situation like that. We had quite a few storms pass through KC lastnight, so we were a bit nervous. It's no fun waking up to the sound of tornado sirens! We have some flooding in our area now. Monkey and I want to check out the river levels later!

I bought some new blinds for my office with a bit of my Kentucky Derby winnings :) Kind of a brown bamboo. I have these huge ugly white things up now, came with the house. I hate them. They stick out about 5 inches! and the windows have a beautiful wood frame and are large, the white blinds are just hideous. I have hated them forever! So I'm excited to put up the new ones!

I'm sorry, I obviously don't know enough about the French. They're mad that they may have to work more than a 35 hour work week? Are they serious??

I'm still pouting that RockDawg doesn't think I'm one of his 5 favorite blogs. Because my blog is SO fascinating and mind blowing! So I am returning that REALLY cool birthday present I bought him.

AnniE is still on the top of my list of awesome people ;) Monkey took all of his Michigan things to school last Friday for his project. He was very excited about the literature she sent. She worked so hard on it! You're still a Supahhh Starrrr! And we're plotting something nice for you :)