Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It's tough being a spaz!

So we picked up MoNkEY yesterday from his 1st day of 2nd Grade. ..sigh.. And we had to run a few errands. He loves the car wash, and we came across one of those really long ones, so we went through. The guy confirmed what we wanted, then started with the pre-wash hose thingy on the windows. After he crossed in front of our van, I thought, "Hey! Am I not supposed to be in neutral??" so I quickly shoved the stick into neutral. And instantly we started booking into the car wash... "Wow! This is a fast car wash?!?!" and then it dawned on me I had it in drive. Idiot. And as I glanced in the rear view mirror, there was the guy standing there with his power hose sort of dumbfounded....

So I put it in reverse, and tried not to run him over or destroy the whole carwash. "Sorry! I meant to put it in neutral!!" And my husband was laughing at me. I tell you. Sometimes I really make it hard for people to take me seriously :)