Monday, May 08, 2006

Pretty great weekend

It was a pretty great weekend, I must admit. We didn't work too hard (never do!), and that's always great. Spent time with our crazy neighbors, and that's always great too. They helped us plant our newest find in Mr. NV's new garden. We bought a really nice grape vine, and a red raspberry bush. YAY!! They're pretty good sized too, so I'm excited.

First Grade photos came home today. Not sure what it is, the first photo they take early in the year is always very nice. The second photo, they try to get creative and bring really ugly settings. Last year it was all wood, he looked like he was in a barn. Which was goofy, because he had a really cute tropical shirt on. This year there is this square shiny silver thing hovering behind his head. Really odd. Oh well, it's not like I don't have enough photos of him. But I hated being the kid at school when the photos came back, and everyone else had packages coming in. Ugh. Maybe they have a $2 package :)

So he drew this picture for me when he came home. I don't have stone work around the door like that, but Mr NV keeps saying he's going to do it. So, perhaps the Monkey just added it as a reminder :) And that is our neighbors' German Shepard. Darn it, that kid is so adorable I just want to squeeze him :)