Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day Mumsie - Love You :)


My Father took this photo while he and my Mother were dating in England. He met her while working as an apprentice at Nestle. He worked in the pastries area, she worked in the factory. He could hardly speak English, but told everyone he would marry her.

This photo was taken in 1968. We moved to the United States just after I was born, my father was already in Texas. That is my brother on the left, 2 sisters in the foreground. My Nana is holding me.. she just turned 90 :) And my Mumsie, after going blonde! She tells me she actually had auburn hair.

Mumsie, the siblings and I. And that is my Wee-Nana on the far right. She's 140 now!! OH, no, kidding :) She was amazing, and a fighter. She kept her family together during the war, and helped Nana while she was pregnant and giving birth to my Mother. The stories :) Labor... Air raid... left alone in the hospital... My Grandfather was away at war, he was a sailor on the HMS Belfast.. THE STORIES!!

Another photo of Super Model Mumsie, pre-blonde, while dating Da.

And another shot of the fam, just before coming to the US. They had baby cradles which hung from the ceiling on the airplanes. Mumsie said I slept all the way over.. and that I was THE happiest and greatest baby :) But, I know she tells all of us that. Well, except for Janine because she is the Spawn of Satan.. and we all know it.