Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My Dirty Little Secret


Last Friday was a big day for the MoNkEy BoY... the last day of 1st grade. However... what is that expression about a little rain must fall? I dunno, that rule that when everything is going great.. something is bound to fuck up your world. That's my quote. His dog, the fence jumper, was hit by a car Thursday night. We didn't find out until Friday morning, while Monkey was getting ready for school. He was excited about taking the bus to school, usually I drive him and he rides it home. However, Rocky was in the path of the bus route.. and that wouldn't be a fun way to start the day. So while he was at school, my husband and our most helpful friend/neighbor buried him in the woods. We were going to tell Monkey, but he is just assuming he ran away and is living on a farm somewhere :) And we're going to leave it at that. It's not like he hasn't had enough death in his life, I think we can give him a break. I know, I'm weak. But sometimes the unknown is better.. that way he can always imagine something good happened.

Rest in Peace Rocky. But don't think I'm still not mad at you for running away all the time! And digging up my flowers! I knew I shoulda bought 4 electric shock collars and made you wear all of them at once! :)

These photos were taken from my office window last year. The odd thing is that we picked Rocky up the day after Kindergarten ended and he died the day 1st grade ended. Very odd. And sad, of course.