Saturday, May 20, 2006

And then there was ...


.. the rash. Why a rash? I don't know. Monkey didn't feel good Thursday night, and threw up twice. He stayed home Friday, which broke his little monkey heart because it was all-day-play-day at school. He was so excited all week. He felt better lastnight, so we went out with friends to see 'Over the Hedge'. It was very cute :) He was fine.. but then hurled after we got home. Poor monkey. Then today we get up... and rash. But he feels OK, although that could be because I haven't really fed him much yet. My neighbor thought it might be 'fifth disease'. Which is basically a rash with cold-like symptoms and then it goes away. Not a 'disease' as in terminal.. just a 'disease' as in ruins the weekend and no all-day-play-day. So we took a photo, I thought a cold shower would help. The poor Monkey Boy :) I guess it will be a 'have to see the doctor' disease come Monday if it doesn't improve.

P.S. I forgot to mention the cutest/saddest part :) When he was hurling Thursday night.. he kept saying, "OK, I feel better now! I'll be OK Mommy!"... because he didn't want me to say he couldn't go to school Friday. It was so cute.. but sad. I did get him showered and dressed, and even said he could go in late. We drove by the school.. it was an outdoor party.. but he just didn't have the umph. And in 80 degree weather, I don't think he could have handled running around all day.