Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Stuff du jour

What happens when you mix a yellow lab and sidewalk chalk art?

Took the Monkeys to check out a local skateboard/bike park yesterday. It's sort of neat. The son of a friend is staying with us for a week, and loves to skateboard. But didn't bring it this time. What can ya do.

Annnnnd, I have dirty tomatoes growing in my gahhhhden :)

And then there is the last photo. I love sitting at my desk watching the Monkey and his loony friends play. It was cute, all of them playing in the sand box. However, the child I just can't stand.. he is in the foreground? With his back to the camera with the dark green shirt. He had to ruin it all. Monkey and the friend on the right were wrestling.. just wrestling. No ass kicking. But annoying child wanted to join in, and his idea of joining in was trying to kick them either in the shin or the knee. I kept yelling, "Stop kicking!".. but he didn't. They went out of view for a bit, and next I heard the whaling of Monkey. He came around back and was holding his groin. Short story, idiot child kicked Monkey in the crotch. Very hard. Hard enough that when we went to bed lastnight the area was still red. Idiot child then said Monkey hit him with a stick, so of course I was pissed. Knowing idiot child though, it was probably Monkey's final straw with the kicking. So I lectured Monkey lastnight on how hitting someone with a stick is NOT the thing to do, and just leave if he is being an idiot. Which idiot child is always doing. He didn't really explain what happened though. Today I found out that actually idiot child kicked Monkey, and then Monkey hit him with the stick. I'd like to hit that kid with a stick. And I know his mother won't say a thing to him. I know kids will hit each other, and I know Monkey can have a mouth on him. I try to hold my judgement until I hear all of the sides :) But, there just isn't any excuse for intentionally kicking someone in the groin, you know? There is a difference between wanting to hit someone, and seriously wanting to do him harm. So. Anyway. Welcome Summer. I so wish they would move. I really do.