Thursday, June 21, 2007

I want to cry

I'm feeling that I could just scream right now. Or cry. Or I just want to hit somebody. I never knew that it was legal to drink and drive in the state of Missouri? Seriously? I thought people were put in jail or at least ticketed and removed from their vehicles. My brother drove through my very suburban neighborhood yesterday repeatedly. I called the police repeatedly and told them where he was, and that he was drunk. Or, that he was sitting and passed out.. and that as soon as he came to again..he would be driving. I would get calls, "I see your brother".. and I would immediately call the police. But they would take too long and he would be gone. This morning I called while he was here, and again they missed him by about 5 minutes. Instead of combing the area which isn't that big... they decided to lecture me. I needed to file this... or that.. and we shouldn't enable... fuck them. I have never been angry at the police in my entire life until today, and I'm just livid. I got a call that he's now passed out in front of a nearby Goodyear, so I called the dispatch;
"Well, we're on black-out"
"And that means?"
"There are no available officers."
So, great. Screwed again. Nothing ever goes on up here, why are we in black-out? Is there a party somewhere? I drive by QuikTrip and there are usually no less than 7 officers parked and hanging out. Yet I can't get one person to actually put forth any sort of effort to arrest my piece of shit brother. And I feel bad enough even having to call the police because he IS my brother. But if something happens then I will feel responsible. But I'm also tired of being the one to take the keys rendering me basically responsible for his ass. I'm just so frustrated. I feel like I am enabling him to kill someone by not taking his keys. But at the same time, if he isn't caught, then they won't arrest him. Why does it have to reach this point? Clearly he's driving. He obviously doesn't live at fucking Goodyear. That is not his driveway. I thought if you were drunk and behind the wheel, that was intent and you could be arrested. Turns out it isn't so.

I'm just angry. I'm mad that I can't get any cooperation from the police in this tiny area. I slammed the door on them this morning because one guy actually laughed. "Oh, I remember that guy from the grocery parking lot." Is it fucking funny? Because I don't think so. I told them that I'd just wait to call once someone is dead and then perhaps I could get some help.

At this point I'm going to just go and sit at Quik Trip. When I see my brother driving off, then I will call 911. Because that's all I can do to get anything accomplished with these people. Fucking useless.