Monday, October 16, 2006

Feelin' crafty..


I have started the pirate coat for Monkey Boy. He's so funny, wanting to run the sewing machine and create his own chaos. And I'm wondering, on the back of the coat... it's black. Should I paint the skull and cross bones? I'm a bit perplexed. Or, maybe a pirate flag and stitch it on messily?? It needs something. The coat is black, it was the jacket to a formal black suit. I paid $9 for it at the thrift store :) I have fixed the cuffs and added frilly white cuffs on the end with gold and red trim. And I added a slit up the back, and pulled it in at the waist in the back to give it that flowing look. Right? And added gold and red trim around the slit in the back. It's starting to look too official, and it needs to be more messy. And I can't find any good pics to work from, really. So I need to Pirate it out now. I tested painting my motivation picture, it's from the back of the book titled, "How I became a Pirate". On the back of the book, there is a great skull and cross bones. So, I need input. I have the eye patch, red bandanna with skull and crossbones, earring, hat with feather, telescope, a map I made on really old paper even with the wax seal!, pirate sword (for after school), blunderbust type gun (for after school) ... ummm... jewels and more. I'm working on the boots.

On the pirate bag (candy bag) should it say 'loot' or 'booty'??? :) Do I paint the back of the coat with this image? Or as close as I can get. Or??? And no art critics, I'm not an artist. That goes for you, Blu. I can just smell it comin', "It doesn't look like the original.. wah wah" :)