Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Down... down... down they go.


Our gas price, for the cheap unleaded because I'm just not a premium gal, is $1.93 per gallon. Anyone jealous out there? ...giggle... You can insult us Midwestern folk all you want, but we're the ones with the low gas prices and lower cost of living. It's a beautiful thing.

I was perplexed by our Quik Trip, the gas is $1.93. But the station across the street, they're always the same.. they have been $1.99 for about a week now. Refusing to come down. MrNV said something about QT buying gas on the open market, versus some other option... I blanked out. I like to be confused by things, but hate to have the confusion explained away :) How can I puzzle over it if it is no longer puzzling? What is wrong with him anyway??

Oh, and in honor of my dad, I should mention his coupon. He gets all giddy (because he's retired and bored) about a 15 cents off per gallon coupon from our local grocery store. If you spend $30 in the store, you can go to their gas station and save 15 cents per gallon.. which makes his gas $1.78 per gallon. He was quite impressed yesterday, and had to show me his receipt. But he was angry that the week prior, if you shop there within 24 hours of the Chiefs game, they discount the winning points per gallon.. and that Monday it would have been 20 cents.