Thursday, October 19, 2006

Everyone needs a Blunderbuss...


My Father came over tonight to make dinner. It was awesome. I've discovered if I buy food, he will come over and prepare it :) Nothing like having a retired Swiss chef in the family. And he's coming back tomorrow... woo-hoo! It works out great for us... healthy delicious dinners. And it works out great for him, because I worry about him being alone so much. When he visited the other day, he watched while I worked on Monkey's pirate outfit. And what did he bring the Monkey today? An authentic antique Blunderbuss gun from the 1800's. Now, how many Grandpa's are that cool? OK, no, I'm not going to let him play with it and break it. But he's just so excited to have it here. And no, duh, I know he can't take it to school. However, if you hear about a 2nd grader being suspended for taking an antique gun to school... you'll know :)

It really is a cool gun though. It has such beautiful hand carvings, and silver inlay. They used to shove pieces of metal into them. Anyway. I just thought it was very sweet of my Dad to bring it over.