Friday, March 16, 2007

Stories from the Bird Feeder :)

I noticed today that the bird chow was vanishing faster than usual. However, I was gone most of the day, so I wasn't sure why. Well, in watching my Howard Hughes cam... I noticed the feeder was being pulled from view. ?? So I went to check it out.. and found one of the squirrels. YAY :) And it looks like a female.. non? The chickadee was fast to get in there when the squirrel would take a break ... and the brown bird is just put out. His nest is in a woodpecker hole on the opposite side of the camera. He's really not too happy with us for putting in the feeder. I hope the squirrel doesn't go after the bird eggs, or I may have to re-think my no-shooting policy! I took the photos through the window, sorry about the glare. It's funny, as I am typing this I can see him bobbing in and out of view on the camera as he reaches for the feeder. I love my spy camera :) I feel like I'm living one of those National Geographic shows... living with squirrels. The EXCiTEMenTTTTT!!

Special thanks to GND for racking her brain and remembering that it is a Chickadee! And, as a Hasenfeffer update.. he's doing just fine. He doesn't seem to be bothered by the fact that his eye is sewn shut. Personally, I'd have to be in a padded room. He gets the stitches out on Tuesday, and the vet hopes he'll be just fine. The eyeball may possibly pop out and shoot across the room.. he wasn't certain :) AHAHa, no! That's just sick. Chal made me say it. It was still in tact, but he wasn't sure if his vision would be damaged. I'll cross my fingers. Because he sure needs to be able to see Roscoe coming in the future!!