Thursday, March 15, 2007

Shitty Day Update #1

This morning I thought I would let Hasen hang out in the office and run around. He's been trapped in his cage for quite some time. Since there isn't any traffic here today, I thought it would be a great idea. Usually Roscoe is fine with it, he just watches the rabbit wander around. However, rabbit decided to do some fancy jumping and flipping around in the air. Before I knew it, Roscoe jumped on the poor bunny and had him in a head lock in his mouth. I freaked out and pounced the dog.. as poor Hasen was freaking out for his life. He wasn't physically damaged, I don't really think Roscoe meant to chew him up. However, because he struggled he managed to pop his eye out of socket. And I can barely even type that without throwing up. It's not like it's hanging out, but is extended beyond where it is supposed to be. Poor baby bunny. And as Chal could attest, if she were ever around, I can't handle anything eye related. Nothing. When I had to get contacts, it took me over an hour just to get the first lens into my eye.

Anyway. He's at the vet now, thankfully my brother went with me. During the entire vet conversation, as he poked and prodded bunny, I had to keep my hands over my eyes. I couldn't even look at the poor little guy! After about $150 f*****g dollars .. I will be getting back a bunny with an eye sewn shut. I am going to have to be medicated, drunk and unconscious just to look at him until it's better. He's going to PUSH the eye back into it's socket and THEN sew it shut so that it doesn't pop out. THEN, I get to take him back to have the stitches removed. And HOPEFULLY it will look normal again. I just don't know that I'm brave enough to look at a pop-eye bunny for the rest of his little life. Ugh. I'm so pathetic. Poor bunny. He's suffering, and all I can think about is how creeped out I am. I suck. Now I'm going to go and cry some more :(