Sunday, March 04, 2007

Embarrassing Moments??

For some reason this just popped into my small brain. When I glanced through TT's meme earlier, she mentioned that she wanted to go to an Opera in a red gown. Flashy diva that she is :) When I lived with my Aunt in Switzerland, she had season tickets to the Opern Haus in Zurich. She would occasionally go with her University friends, or she would take me. I remember we would get all gussied up (no red dress.. sorry TT) and go to dinner. On this particular evening it was actually a pianist performing. I wish I remembered his name, he was amazing. I was trying to be all posh and proper, sitting in the balcony. We were in the front row and he was playing his heart out.. and then stopped. And I started clapping like any respectable rock concert lovin' 16 year old American girl would! However. It was a pause, not the end. And everyone instantly looked at me. I'm not sure how many shades of red I displayed, but I'm sure it was QUITE impressive. My Aunt kept giggling at me the rest of the night. It was VERY embarrassing! And I quickly learned... don't clap until everyone else does! And then keep it at a normal clapping volume when hanging with the posh and proper types :)

Any stories out there?