Thursday, April 13, 2006

My All-Star... Benchwarmer











I know, too much Monkey Boy. But hey, it's my friggin' blog!! These were taken on his first actual game about a week ago. It was some sort of special pre-season ass-kicking game. For a morale boost? I think not. My son is 7, and all of the kids on the team are 6-7. Most of them have not played before, including Monkey. So who do they team them up with? Freakin' 8-9 year olds.. a team that has played together for 3 years now. HELLO? Were they stoned AND drunk when they made that schedule? Because he had strep, he missed the DOUBLE-HEADER the Saturday before... in which they played the same sort of teams. Scores were 21-1 and 20-0 or something like that. I have no idea what the score was at the end of the game we watched. But, I will admit, it was super fun to watch. They are so hilarious, and completely un-organized. Unlike the other team.. machine work. Monkey actually hit the ball and it went pretty far, but because they were so fast getting it to first... he didn't make it to first. It took him a bit to realize he was even supposed to run. My little Benchwarmer :)

Speaking of the movie The Benchwarmers... he absolutely loved it. We went to see the movie the night before, and he was so excited to get out there and play the next day. It was cracking me up. I did remove his logo from the uniform above. Hafta have some sort of privacy :) I don't want you crazy girls coming to his games and giving him your phone numbers and stuff!