Thursday, April 27, 2006

Bring Your Monkey to Work Day


So today was 'Bring your Monkey to Work' day. Woo-hoo :) Except for that I'm self-employed.. and he's seen it all before. What to do... what to do. So I saved my errands for today, so he could tag along. And his little friend G was out of school early, so he came along. While I was checking out supplies at Radio Shack.. they were checking out toyyyssss. That's work related, right?!?!

And we stopped by the Post Office, so we could send Wee-Nana a bunch of photos. I'm late, I usually send them for her birthday. She turned 90 this year :) And we shipped two flags from Montana to a distant relative in Switzerland. He visited my father last year and they went together on a huge road trip.. he loved Montana. He collects flags... and you can figure out the rest. Again, NOT work related. Sheesh.

Monkey and Silly G. So I am sure when his teacher asks what he did tomorrow, he will tell her that he played all day. Looked at toys and went to the Post Office. ..sigh.. While we were at Radio Shack I was annoyed by the guy behind the counter. Zero customer skills, and he was even rude to his co-workers. But the FedEx guy stopped by, and his son was helping him too.. and they were carrying in boxes. He snarked, "Yeah... c'mon son... come and see what I do all day... I carry boxes." .. and he laughed.. thinking he was just sooooo funny. Nobody else laughed. I felt like educating him that this box carrying hard working man was most likely making at least twice what he does... but I have to refrain the bitchy side every once in a while :)

Here they are acting like big fools, as if these packages are THAT heavy. Now I need to go explain to Monkey why he will have to LIE tomorrow and tell his teacher all about how HARD he worked!!