Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy Belated Easter :)


Photos: (4) Before the party, I wanted to take a photo of my son all clean and such. However, he was perterbed and the sun was bothering him. I thought I'd leave the photo as is, just so you see the hostility I have to deal with :) Look at that expression in the b/w photo! (5) This photo is why I wanted the earlier photos... after the hunt it was all about water guns!! (2) My son, laughing his butt off because he is eating candy off of the ground. Idiot :) (3) Trying to get 6 kids to sit still for a photo is impossible. (1) Monkey Boy and his stash!

I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing Easter! It was a lot of fun here. Saturday night we went tornado chasing (I'll post pics later).. which was great. Until we headed home, and ran into another cell. We don't chase at night, but it was dark by the time we got back. And what an ugly storm we had going on right back here at home! I almost cried driving down the highway. We had straight-line winds that were literally blinding us. And of course there were tornado sirens.. so needless to day.. I was cussing at my poor husband :)

BUT, Easter was great. Everything was back to normal. No tornados had touched down in our area, and the sun was shining. We invited the neighborhood monkeys over for a big Easter Egg hunt. Two of our neighbors joined in and we hid 140 eggs over 4 lawns. It was fun to watch the monkeys running around trying to beat each other to the eggs. I thought for sure there would be some battles for eggs.. but I didn't see any. So it all worked out great. The eggs were numbered, and we had drawings for a few larger bunnies. The grand bunny had huge ears.. and was made of chocolate. The poor little girl that won him left him sitting in the sun while they were all playing. Sadly, the bunny did not fare so well :) And while I found it to be really funny that her rabbit had melted.. she was not so amused :) Of course, then my son stepped on it later. Ugh. Kids :) It's OK you guys, we got her a new one.

Monkey Boy still believes in the Easter Bunny, so that is fun also. A while back he spotted a basket he fell in love with at Osco. And all I kept hearing was, "I hope the Easter Bunny brings me that basket with the sword... " onnnn and onnnn. So, by the time I went back to buy it.. it was gone. Of course. Luckily I found it at another store. WHEW!! We trailed chocolates across the floor to look like they fell out of EB's basket while he was walking into the room. However, my pig dog that eats anything which isn't secured to the floor found them, and was quickly gobbling them up.. foil and all. I tell ya.

So I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!