Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Monkey loves Garage Sales :)


This was a very nice and relaxing weekend. It has been raining on and off, so many projects we needed to work on outside were put off. We're trying to get our ugly boat ready to go-a-boatin'. Friday night we went to see the new Robin Williams movie, it was actually very funny. We didn't have high expectations, but it turned out to be very cute.. and the Monkey loved it. Then Saturday the Monkey and I got up early... he is so excited that it is again garage sale season. He loves the idea that he can get the coolest toys for small change. Well, the coolest to him :) So we cruise around, and when we see what looks like toys he hops out to check it out. He bought two Radio Shack bugs yesterday for a $1.00. I have no idea what they do, they're big and robotic looking. They both make odd noises, and have sensors all over the place. I take it they're supposed to do something, other than make annoying chirping noises. But, he's happy. What I found adorable, he went into one garage sale and bought a set of shot glasses for me. Not that I collect them. But I had a set of hand blown glasses on a shelf in my living room.. my 2 children (husband factored in there) busted one while playing ball. So, he felt bad and thought he'd surprise me with a NEW glass :) It was so darn sweet. Of course, they're ugly with a 4-leaf clover and they say Mizvah or something like that. Which makes zero sense. But, now I'm forced to keep.. the set of 4 :)

Anyway, it has been a great weekend. I have to get back to work today, but I can't complain. And I hope you're all having a great weekend, too!!