Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A full night's sleep will wear you out!!!


Wow, what a crappy night for dreams. A long time ago, I read this very interesting book titled 'Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming' by Stephen LaBerge, Ph. D. It was a fun read at the time, I used to have really bad dreams. And it encouraged me to keep a dream log at the time. Looking back on those notes.. what a bizarre twisted mind I had :) It helped with my dreams though. The book tries to teach you that you can create your own amazing dreams and control them. I never really got into that part, but it did help me with nightmares. Anymore, I always know I'm dreaming and I never stress out. If there is a monster coming to eat me, instead of freaking out and running... I pull out a light sabre or something and kick its ass :) However! Lastnight was one of those unruly ones.

It started out with my husband, son and I living in the house I grew up in. About an hour North of where I live now. It was an older house, but I loved it. I was asleep in the dream, but I woke up to the sound of a helicopter... a very loud one. I went to the window to see what was up, and it was landing in my driveway. The driveway on this house was long and surrounded by trees, and it would be impossible for a heli to land there. I kept watching, thinking that any minute the propellers were going to start grinding into the trees and side of our house.. but they never did. This short man with curly red hair jumped out and looked right at me. I ducked, because I thought maybe he was going to shoot at me or something. And he looked a bit like an Oompa-Loompa.. so that was scary in itself. I heard walkie-talkies and someone said, "She's in the window upstairs". I went back into my bedroom, but could hear him walking around on the roof.. coming to my window. As he jumped through the window, all of these other men in black outfits and huge black rolling bins appeared. They were taking all of my business papers and everything related to my company. I was freaking out, asking why they would be doing this? I'm still not at all clear why he was doing it. He was mean, and threatening me. He just kept saying, "So you thought you could get away with it? And you thought you could just avoid my calls??"... What??!! He wouldn't tell me who he was, so I remember yelling at him. My husband walked in and asked what was going on, I started in that this Oompa-Loompa was on some sort of power trip and was abusing his authority.. whatever that was. It was funny actually now that I look back on it, but in my dream I was horrified. He threatened that if we didn't cooperate he would take Monkey Boy away and give him to an adoption agency. WHAT?!? So, I shut up.. he was serious. When they were all gone, I went to Monkey's room and he was gone. I hate those types of dreams where you are completely full of panic and fear. We called everyone we could, and finally found out that he did turn him into an adoption agency. At this agency, anyone could just walk in.. it was like animal adoption rules. "I want a kid.." and they would line up all of the available children. I was panicked.. but finally we found him. That evening we asked the Aunties to watch Monkey so we could go and meet with these odd people and find out why they were doing this to us. We returned after 9pm to find that they had returned Monkey to the same adoption agency. "Well, you weren't home in time and we couldn't keep him all night." WHAT?!?!?! So, after much insanity, we got him back. But man, I am so worn out today. I hate those kinds of dreams, they just mentally exhaust you. I was so happy though, when I woke up, to realize there were no MIB breaking into my home, and Monkey was soundly sleeping in his bed. Damn Oompa-Loompa's. I have always hated them.

Painting: 'Nightmare' by Swiss-English artist Henry Fuseli (1741-1825).