Saturday, April 08, 2006

Eh... no... NOT cutting molars


So, I'm no doctor. I know that when Baby Monkey Boy was cutting teeth, his fever would actually spike 104. He would be running around like nothing was going on.. but slobbering like a rabid dog. Of course hub and I were nervous wrecks. So, a while back he was sporting a fever while cutting in one of his molars. I'm onto this now, and it was a low fever. This time I figured that's what it was again, but then he kept saying his throat hurt. So, we went to the doctor. I think I have a frequent flyers card this week, and of course the girl on the phone had to ask, "AGAIN??". Crap. So he takes one look down his throat... "Yep.. see?".. and we both stare down poor Monkey Boy's throat like he's a science experiment. "Those red markings?" I did see them. Grrooossss. Why does Mom always have to do the gross stuff?? OK, hubby was the one to see the stitches.. I sat by Monkey's feet. "Well, he may have strep throat or he may even have mono. Those are unique markings." WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!? MONO?!? I think this doctor just enjoys watching me pass out or something. So he did the test, and I warned him, if he returned with a result of mono.. I would have to be admitted. Well, fortunately, it was strep throat. However, that is possibly his game? Tell them something horrid, then they will be OK and grateful it's only strep?

So, the poor boy is just piling on one thing after another. Perhaps it's like that seasonal expression "In like a lion.. out like a lamb".. which means that later this year we won't have any ailments? Better not! Ohhhh, and let me not forget the cherry on top. Keep in mind, he missed Monday because he had an appointment to get his stitches removed... then Thursday and Friday due to fevers. I emailed his teacher, and left her a phone message, asking if I could pick up his missed work so that we could do it over the weekend. I was pissy all afternoon that she wasn't calling me back or emailing.... to find her at my door at 4:30!! "Helloooo... just thought I'd bring this by for Monkey Boy"... as she is peering into the door. AAAAHHAHAHH!!! You just KNOW she was checking to see if he was beaten and bruised!! Thank heavens he came to the door and was all smiles for her. Whew!!! I know there is a file on me somewhere. I just know it!! ... stitches... bruised face... and a variety of other wounds here and there I had NOTHING to do with!