Sunday, August 26, 2007

Moo-vies

Went to see 'The Bourne Ultimatum' lastnight. Pretty good movie, actually. I read the books a long time ago, and they have always been a favorite. But, I am SO tired of the MTV generation herky-jerky videography... seriously. I love movies that have car chases.. and you can watch what's going on.. like 'The Transporter'. Love that movie, because you can see the action. But they jerked the camera around so much it made me nuts. Either do action, or don't do action.. but don't hide action with motion sickness camera tricks. Jerks. I had the same problem with the newest Pirates of the Caribbean flick... too herky-jerky. I like to look at stuff.. not WONDER about what I just saw. I think it's 'Ronin' that has one of my all time favorite car chases.

My sister watched Monkey, and we also went to see 'Superbad'. I loved the 2 cops in the movie, and their interaction with McLovin. But the chubby foul-mouthed kid I coulda done without. I'm no prude, and I don't mind language... but it can get excessive at times. To the point you start to feel uncomfortable for the character. I would like $1 for every time the word 'dick (and slang words for it)' or 'vagina (and, slang words for IT)' were used. Not to mention every sex act discussed repeatedly. Kinda lame when you can't create humor without shocking the audience.

Anyway, that's my view on things :) MCLOVIN'... WHYYYYYY!?!?!?!? :)

***Update****
So, the 2007 Teen Choice Awards are on. They just went through the list of celebs and misc freaks that will be on the show.. and promoted the 3 kids from 'Superbad'. K, this movie is Rated R so TECHNICALLY no teen should have seen that movie... right?