Saturday, August 04, 2007

Get Lost!!


So we're leaving soon for Colorado. We're just going to get lost. Mr and I used to do that for a vacation. We'd see a road that looked interesting.. and just go. Found some really amazing places. Even followed a few Jeep Only trails in our Nissan Sentra :) Ol' Snowball, how I miss her. Paid $7K for that baby brand new, and it kicked ass for many years. Ask Chal, she spent many an hour in that car hob-nobbin' around Colorado :)


So, any suggestions? Fav things to do? We're going to head into the moun-tains. I love Breckenridge, and Cripple Creek and all those areas. Lake Dillon. Find some old ghost towns. Don't suggest any 300 mile hikes, cuz I'll just laugh at you. We're going to visit the Royal Gorge, of course. Mr said he's going to put a leash on the Monkey for fear he'll jump. Holy cow. And he scoffed at my suggestion to go white water rafting.. "Monkey might drown?". I tell you, people think I'm the freakish parent in this relationship.


I was browsing for Colorado photos on Flickr and found this beautiful set. A red fox visits this family, and she's so beautiful! I have 'mater stealin' groundhogs and squirrels... and they get a freakin' fox. We did have foxes, not sure why they took off. I thought I blogged about them, but don't find it.


Could only find this old photo of my family in Colorado to go with this post.


Anyway..... what should we do in Colorado?