Sunday, September 10, 2006

Things I just can't do.


So I have an obsession. Paper things. Seriously. I have always loved stationery, even growing up, but never really write to anyone. And I enjoyed collage for a while, because I was able to buy beautiful hand-made papers and obsess over them. But now since this whole scrapbooking thing has gone into overdrive, I'm really just not safe to leave my home. I love all of the beautiful colorful patterns of the different papers you can buy. And all of the embellishments, and matching thing-a-me-bobs you can spend tons of cash on. And it's dangerous for me. Because while I love what scrapbookers do (see this lady's work) ... I just can't do it. Maybe it's a mental block. Maybe it's me just not having the time to spend on one page that they seem to have. Or maybe I'm just incredibly slow, and they have figured out some trick of the trade I don't know yet? I like to think I'm talented enough, but maybe I'm not. I have to accept it. But seriously I have 3 storage tubs FULL of fun and exciting scrapbooking supplies. And I love them. And I enjoy looking at them. But I don't want to use them, because I don't want to destroy anything! I am ashamed. :) Don't get me wrong, I have created some scrapbooks. I want my son to have family photos to go through when he grows up, that are dated and talk about what was going on. But nothing like these. I will now go and hang my head in shame.

**Disclaimer!! :) The image here isn't mine. Just one I liked, used for the story :) But thanks anyway, Sirdar! I'll take credit :) **