Sunday, September 17, 2006

Godzilla Monkey Boy at the Air Show

We went to the air show yesterday. Ugh. Heat. Crowds. Heat. Parking. Heat. Waiting for the bus to take you back to your car, cuz you can't park at the airport. Did I mention the heat?? But, it was fun. The brain, Monkey Boy and I went, and we invited our neighbor (the one that does not insult my son and tell me what a shitastic parent I am) and her kids. Turns out, she is a super freak ga-ga groupie for flyboys. The things you learn :) She was hum-hawing until I told her the Stealth would be there. "Really?!?" Selling points, you really need to know what they are :) So we parked at a school like 900 miles away, and were carted off in busses. Which was great.. going. No lines... no parking either, but that doesn't stop us from curb hopping and parking in the grass. I don't need a Hummer when I have a mini-van :) Don't get me started on coming back though. Holy shyte.

Unfortunately we were a bit late, and arrived just in time to find out that due to winds all of the parachuting events were canceled. But that was fine, we baked in the sun and checked out what was on the runway for the kids to try to destroy. The boy LHOVVEESS helicopters. He now thinks we need to buy one and land it in the back yard. I think the home association might have rules about that, I'll have to read up :)



Time to enjoy some lemonade. And for Monkey to sit with girls :)




The B-2 Spirit (Stealth) did make an appearance, and fly by us a few times. That was pretty amazing to look at. And everyone gets so excited. Makes you feel all patriotic and goose-bumpy :)



The only bad thing, before we realized what happened, Godzilla Monkey Boy had plucked one of the Blue Angels from the sky. Man, were we in trouble :) Fortunately, he didn't eat it or stomp on it.




And of course, I had to take a photo of my friend with some hot pilots :) These are the pilots of the ACC West Coast A-10 Demo Team. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see them perform. But I'm sure they were great :) I think she was embarrassed, she turned all red. ..giggle..



This photo made me laugh when I downloaded it. I thought, "Wow, I really managed to zoom in on that one." Most of my photos turned out as a huge sun spot. Even with my sun filter on, and facing away from the sun. But then I realized, it was a photo of Monkey's toy airplane, he was holding it up for me to take a photo. It made me laugh.