Sunday, September 17, 2006

Not awake yet, and thinking aloud. Just ignore it :)


There is a woman here locally, on our AM radio 980 KMBZ, and I often think about how much I wish she would transfer somewhere else. I enjoy listening if I'm doing something in the mornings around town, because it's all about local things going on. But she is just so angry, and yells about everything. If you let it get to you, you could really be sort of freaked out by the time she's done. And it can be small issues, or interviews. One morning she wanted to interview some local newspaper man, and he had agreed.. but once he found out it was Darla Jaye, he backed out. Pretty much at the last minute. Which I thought was funny... because she admitted that he backed out because it was her. But then she went on for over an hour talking about the guy, and his refusal to be on the show. No news, no important information, just whining. And one caller even tried to be nice to her, and called her 'sweetie' and she jumped at him, "DON'T call me SWEETIE". I mean, c'mon. I can't stand her. I really can't. She's very angry and abrasive. I don't think you have to yell to get your point across. It's not like she has a lot of AM competition around here, so she just needs to chill. But she won't. Her little commercials are even ridiculous. She has one with dogs barking in the background and it says, "Darla Jaye, meaner than a pit bull". Oh... haha. All of her commercials are about how mean or aggressive she is. When did I miss the memo that being a bitch was a virtue?? Oh, and the daily Spanish lessons.. she thought she was being funny. She would pick a phrase, and repeat it over and over making zero attempt to make it sound like Spanish.. saying it was the daily Spanish lesson. Because of her views on immigration. So many people were offended by that, she lost a lot of listeners. I would turn it off, too. She's very disrespectful of the culture. She was on vacation last week, so it was wonderful to hear someone new... I was able to listen to the radio again. She returns Thursday.. so I'll have to shut her off the radio again. ..sigh..