Saturday, September 30, 2006

How old??

I just caught a Disney Mobile commercial. There is a little boy offering to do extra chores, getting great grades on tests... and it turns out he wants extra minutes on his cell. He looks maybe 9 to me? Are they serious? Are there 9 year old's out there using cell phones so regularly that they need extra minutes? I don't mind a 9 year old having one, for emergencies or to call home. But to chit-chat? I just don't get it. My son is maybe on the phone for 2 seconds, "Wanna play?".. and then they hang up knowing that means yes and to meet outside. What is there to talk about? If Monkey needs extra minutes at the age of 9, I am going to put the phone under the front tire of my car. Or does the Disney Mobile only come with 3 minutes of time??? Silly. Such silly stuff.