Saturday, September 02, 2006

It's already Saturday???


I can't believe it's already Saturday. Where do the days go? Monkey, Mom, Step-Pa and I went to a place called L & V Outlet today. We went there a week or so ago, but didn't get too much time to browse. And Monkey was bummin' that he didn't get to go along. So, we went by again today. There was a really cute book we picked up last week, "How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight" by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague.. and I wanted to pick up a copy for his friend. But, I guess it was the only copy. Of course. It's such a darn cute book, I love the illustrations. We bought his friend a different one, about a cow living in the jungle. 'Reginald' by Jeff Newman. Cute. A lot of the books are just EVERYWHERE and you really have to search and hope to be lucky. Many of the books are perhaps overstock? From school book distributors. So there are also many CD sets. We picked up one today, and one of the games on it is to teach children how to type... it's with SpongeBob. It's really very funny. One of the games you have to type the words scrolling across the screen as fast as you can. You're racing Squidward in a car. Each time you make a mistake, things start to splatter across the windshield. When you're done, it tells you your WPM, my highest was 108. Monkey Boy rated a 2 :) They weren't sensible sentence, so you couldn't actually think ahead to type it. I'm just annoying enough that I love games like that. When I had a normal job, I used to remove all of the keys from my keyboard and put them back on alphabetically. It would keep people from sitting at my desk.. and it was excellent practice to remember where the keys were. Oh, the game also cheated! When we were doing sentences, I was always taught after a period there are TWO spaces before you start the next word? And it kept counting off for that, wanting only ONE space. It's a conspiracy!!!

Anyway, blah, it was a very nice day. Mumsie and Step came over for dinner, and we watched 'Failure to Launch'. I just don't like SJP, so I couldn't get into it. It was alright.